Eligible for VAT refunds:
“Overseas tourist” means any natural Person who is not resident in any of the Implementing States and who is not a crew member on a flight or aircraft leaving an Implementing State. Therefore under the current rules, GCC Nationals are eligible.
Where to get your receipts export validated:
At the Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah International Airports (more validation points will be available from Q4 2018). Just follow the signs for Tax Free Refunds and our staff will greet you and validate your purchases.
Time limit to get export validation:
90 days from the purchase date.
What goods are eligible for tax refunds:
Taxable goods except for:
• Goods that have been consumed, fully or partly, in the UAE or any Implementing State
• Motor vehicles, boats and aircrafts
• Goods that are not accompanied by the Overseas Tourist at the time of leaving the Emirates.
What’s required at the time of export validation:
• Your sales receipt with the tax refund tag affixed to the back
• Purchased goods (please go to the validation desks before you check in your luggage, as you will have to show the goods to our validation staff)
• Boarding pass
• Refund options available:
• Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, CUPS)
*there’s a limit of 10,000 AED for cash refunds.
Refund amount and fees:
You will receive 85% of the tax paid, minus a fee of 4.80 AED per tax free tag validated.