Request a VAT refund claim for your shopping from a merchant registered with Planet and present your travel document used to enter the UAE.
The retailer will enter your information into our digital Tax Free system to issue a VAT refund claim.
To ensure that your tax free transaction has been successfully issued you should check our Shopper Portal. This can be accessed by scanning the QR code on the tax free tag attached to the back of your tax invoice or via the link sent to your phone via SMS.
You must validate your claim at any of our validation points before checking in, when leaving the UAE.
An example of your tax free transaction
Some of our merchants will issue a digital tax free transaction.
Some of our merchants will issue you a physical tax invoice and attach this tag to the back of it.
Check the status of your Tax Free shopping refund by clicking below.
1. Request a VAT refund claim for your shopping from a merchant registered with Planet and present your travel document used to enter the UAE
2. The retailer will enter your information into our digital Tax Free system to issue a VAT refund claim
3. To ensure that your Tax Free transaction has been issued successfully you should look for one of two things. Either the Tax Free tag placed on the back of your tax invoice, or the Planet logo and Tax Free tag number printed on the front of the tax invoice.
4. You must validate your claim at the Validation Point before checking in, when leaving the UAE.
Where to shop Tax Free?
Simply shop at any participating store, follow the easy refund process, and enjoy the benefits of Tax Free Shopping. Start exploring our trusted partners today and make your purchases with confidence, knowing that you can shop tax-free and save on your favorite products.
Refund Tracking & Shopper Portal
Follow the link sent to you via sms
1. Open your smartphone's camera app
2. Point it at the QR code on the Tax Free tag
3. Open the URL link that appears on your smartphone's web browser
Local Rules & FAQs
To learn about the local rules and regulations regarding tax-free shopping, click here.
If you have questions about tax-free shopping and want quick answers, the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section is a valuable resource.